16. Kaeffchen: Merge Request: To Squash or not to squash
- Guests: David Schmitt, Bernhard Rausch, Niclas Mietz, Michael Aigner, Nico Meisenzahl, Michael Friedrich, Mario Kleinsasser
- Next ☕ chat
#17: 2020-09-09 - Agenda
- CI Pipeline Efficiency Docs: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/merge_requests/40510
- New squash and merge options
- Squash or not to squash? Lose the commit history for later debugging, or keep them intact.
- Generate changelog from Git Commits / MRs
- Scaling und feedback - give back to the community.
- Apple and ARM platform
- Azure & Terraform deployment problem
Enjoy the session!
- [Semantic releases](https://github.com/semantic-release/semantic-release
- Release automation
- end-to-end tests for REST APIs, e.g. simulate Puppet agents
- Kernel options to scale Prometheus
- Honeycomb workstation
- Terraform 0.13.2 released now
- How Hubble uses eBPF
- Jaeger’s multitenancy with Elasticsearch
- Observability Engineering: Achieving Production Excellence - early release chapters
- The Future of Kubernetes Attacks
- Writing Kubernetes Operators - yes/no?
- DockerHub Rate-limiting: Authentication ideas
- Observing Kubernetes without losing your mind
- How should a Prometheus exporter signal that something has gone wrong with a scrape?
- Using Bazel to speed up GitLab CI builds