Everyone can contribute! Learn DevOps and Cloud Native in our cafe ☕
Technology is moving fast in the DevOps and Cloud Native community.
Join the conversation and add your thoughts, tips, experiences, stories.
"Everyone Can Contribute" is inspired by GitLab's mission.
3. Cafe: Learning Rust with Gitpod and GitLab Workshop
Following our last week’s Gitpod adventure, I decided to create a new light-weight workshop around Gitpod and GitLab. Once settled in with an example project in Java, we took course into learning Rust from scratch.
During the extended session - we wanted to fix the module import no matter the time - it became clear that Rust has many good things we know from Python (import modules and aliases), C++, Golang, and more.
We only touched the surface thus far with covering values, types, conditions, functions, modules - and some more string magic. There is a whole lot more to unpack, especially considered the GitLab CI/CD side in our next sessions!
Start your Gitpod journey by following the Workshop Slides :-)
Enjoy the session and let us know how your Rust journey with Gitpod goes! 🦊
- Rust by Example Tutorial
- Rust in Gitpod
- Learn Rust - Michael’s repository
- Java Pet in Gitpod - changes
- Enter the Vault: Authentication Issues in HashiCorp Vault
- Site Reliability Engineering and how it refers to the DevOps approach
- The Production Readiness Spectrum
- Book recommendations