16. Cafe: Kubernetes deployments to Hetzner Cloud, step 3: k3s load balancer & pod resources
- Fix the cluster IPs with deploying the config with Ansible
- Inspect pod resources on error
- Learn about taint and tolerate error patterns
- Use Hetzner resources to manage the load balancer
- Encrypted secrets: at rest or HashiCorp Vault
- Pods as group of containers, in a Deployment or ReplicaSet (which maintains a stable set of running pods)
- Deployments are the recommended way to manage Pods as they are a higher-level concept that manages ReplicaSets and provides declarative updates to Pods along with a lot of other useful features like rollout history and rollbacks. More details in this blog post on Kubermatic.
Next week, we’ll look into:
- Ingress controller, to use a single load balancer for multiple websites to save costs.
- Hetzner storage volumes
Future ideas touch monitoring with Prometheus, GitLab CI/CD deployments and much more :)
Enjoy the session! 🦊