Everyone can contribute! Let's learn together in a weekly cafe ☕
We love to break things, make mistakes, debug, analyse, fix problems together. Live and unfiltered on Youtube.
Community members and thought leaders regularly join and share their projects and ideas.
"Everyone Can Contribute" is inspired by GitLab's mission.
16. Cafe: Kubernetes deployments to Hetzner Cloud, step 3: k3s load balancer & pod resources
- Fix the cluster IPs with deploying the config with Ansible
- Inspect pod resources on error
- Learn about taint and tolerate error patterns
- Use Hetzner resources to manage the load balancer
- Encrypted secrets: at rest or HashiCorp Vault
- Pods as group of containers, in a Deployment or ReplicaSet (which maintains a stable set of running pods)
- Deployments are the recommended way to manage Pods as they are a higher-level concept that manages ReplicaSets and provides declarative updates to Pods along with a lot of other useful features like rollout history and rollbacks. More details in this blog post on Kubermatic.
Next week, we’ll look into:
- Ingress controller, to use a single load balancer for multiple websites to save costs.
- Hetzner storage volumes
Future ideas touch monitoring with Prometheus, GitLab CI/CD deployments and much more :)
Enjoy the session! 🦊