Everyone can contribute! Let's learn together in a weekly cafe ☕
We love to break things, make mistakes, debug, analyse, fix problems together. Live and unfiltered on Youtube.
Community members and thought leaders regularly join and share their projects and ideas.
"Everyone Can Contribute" is inspired by GitLab's mission.
27. #everyonecancontribute cafe: GitLab Kubernetes Agent and GitOps
Philip walks us through the new GitLab Kubernetes Agent together with Niclas and Nico.
Enjoy the session! 🦊
- GitLab Kubernetes Agent Documentation
- 3 ways to approach GitOps
- Generate an auth token for the agent, needs GraphQL
- Create a local k8s cluster with kind:
kind create clusteror
kind create cluster --config CONFIG.yaml
- Create a service account and cluster role bindings
- Agent pulls changes
- Learn more about Project Manifest synchronization
- Define the Podtato head demo repository and deploy the app,
- Learned to create multiple repositories - k8s-agent, and the application repository. Otherwise YAML inception and permissions override may happen.
We’ll continue in future sessions :)