Everyone can contribute! Learn DevOps and Cloud Native in our cafe ☕
Technology is moving fast in the DevOps and Cloud Native community.
Join the conversation and add your thoughts, tips, experiences, stories.
"Everyone Can Contribute" is inspired by GitLab's mission.
45. #EveryoneCanContribute cafe: Load Performance Testing with k6
Nicole van der Hoeven and Floor Drees from k6 provided a demo deep-dive, going straight into Pikachu load testing. From extending and integrating k6, we heard more feature announcements hot off the press after Grafana’s ObservabilityCon.
We’ve learned about
- k6 and its extensions ecosystem: Add Chaos to your Kubernetes cluster
- k6 cloud as a datasource for Grafana
- Prometheus remote writes into Grafana Cloud or any other Prometheus instance with k6 extensions
- Web browser testing
- k6 Kubernetes Operator
- k6 Office Hours: How GitLab uses k6 with Grant Young
- Let k6 use Prometheus remote writes to store metrics into an Opstrace cluster, and integrate the cluster with Keptn as quality gate for GitLab CI/CD.
- k6 for performance testing, distributed tracing in the backend. Combine the tracing spec between k6 and Grafana Tempo?
After taking a break and discussing the future of the #EveryoneCanContribute cafe, we created a new meetup group, starting with this cafe. We’ll also switch to a monthly cadence, keeping social hours in Discord. Future cafe meetups will be announced in the group, with easier access to joining Zoom :)