Everyone can contribute! Learn DevOps and Cloud Native in our cafe ☕
Technology is moving fast in the DevOps and Cloud Native community.
Join the conversation and add your thoughts, tips, experiences, stories.
"Everyone Can Contribute" is inspired by GitLab's mission.
11. Kaeffchen: Deep dive into log processing with Vector, Loki and Grafana in Kubernetes
- Guests: Niclas Mietz, Bernhard Rausch, Feu Mourek, Michael Aigner, Konstantin Wolff, Michael Friedrich
- Next ☕ chat
#12: 2020-08-05 - Agenda
Congratz Niclas for becoming a GitLab hero!
- Niclas started with a Go app explaining plain log messages and the benefits of structured logging
- Getting started with Vector
- Docker Insight: Context feature for remote SSH container control
- Kubernetes deployment with Apache, Loki and Grafana
- Generating access requests and debugging labels for Vector and why logs are not processed
- To be continued next week, with Timber too
Enjoy the session!
Here’s the intro.
- Vector Docs
- Vector Transformation options
- Vector Loki Sink Initial PR
- Grafana Loki Helm charts for Kubernetes
- Event Stream Pipelines with Sensu Go
- Grafana Loki Log Labels
- Vector developers help
- Vector Label Key-Value
- Docker Context to connect to remote (SSH) docker instances
- draw.io for flow charts
- k3sup for easy Kubernetes setups
- Matrix Builds in GitLab CI/CD 13.3
- gitlab-triage: A native GitLab feature
- The Anatomy of a file name
- What will listeners leave with from your talk
- Why GitLab chose VueJS
- Get better container security: 4 real-world examples
- Payload transformation ideas for GitLab alerts