Everyone can contribute! Learn DevOps and Cloud Native in our cafe ☕
Technology is moving fast in the DevOps and Cloud Native community.
Join the conversation and add your thoughts, tips, experiences, stories.
"Everyone Can Contribute" is inspired by GitLab's mission.
15. Cafe: Kubernetes deployments to Hetzner Cloud, step 2: k3s with Ansible
This session covers the second step, after having provisioned the server and agent VMs with Terraform and Ansible last week:
- Install wireguard to use with Flannel and encrypt the network traffic
- Install the k3s binary and deploy a systemd unit using Ansible Jinja templates
- k3s agent setups requires an auth token on the master. Use slurp and async task handlers to ensure the token is created on the master first, and then agents can consume it in their setup task.
- Max’s demo repository with the wireguard and k3s commit
- Twitter thread
- k3s Architecture
- Go Excusegen
Enjoy the session! 🦊